Permanent Full Time
If you are an experienced Team Leader and want to take the next step in your career or have transferable skills with supervisory experience and would enjoy responsibility in a “hands on” port environment then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a Foreman who can lead and develop the Lyttelton team in a continuous improvement environment.
As the Foreman you will motivate the team to ensure the business consistently delivers quality services to customers whilst maximizing profitability and productivity. You will embrace a safe operating environment as a core value by ensuring staff follow correct operating procedures. As this is a physically demanding 24/7 environment you must have the stamina and flexibility to work a range of shift patterns.
The successful candidate will require;
- Effective communication skills with both internal & external customers
- Strong performance management and coaching skills
- Proven supervisory skills with an ability to get the best out of people
- Strong computer skills
- Planning skills to determine manpower & equipment to meet requirements and minimize labour costs
- Flexibility to work out of port in other C3 locations
- A knowledge of port services, stevedoring operations and applicable information systems would be an advantage, but not essential, as training will be provided.
As part of C3’s commitment to health and safety the successful candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screen.
Applications close 25 August 2017.
Closing Date: Friday, August 25, 2017