Permanent Full Time
Employing over 1400 staff in 15 ports both here and in Australia, C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product and cargo handling, adding value to our client’s businesses by providing solutions to their transport and logistics needs.
An opportunity has become available for a “hands on” Foreperson to work shipside during log loading operations. If you are a proven leader in other industries, a Stevedore Foreperson or an experienced Stevedore with supervisory experience who enjoys responsibility and is looking to take the next step in their career, then we would like to hear from you.
The C3 team at Marsden Point are looking for a Foreperson who can lead and develop the team in a continuous improvement environment. As a Foreperson you will motivate the team to ensure the business consistently delivers quality services to customers whilst maximizing profitability and productivity. You will embrace a safe operating environment as a core value by ensuring staff follow correct operating procedures.
The successful candidate will require;
- Effective communication skills with both internal & external customers
- Strong performance management and coaching skills
- Knowledge of port services, Stevedoring operations and applicable information systems
- Proven supervisory skills with an ability to get the best out of people
- Strong computer skills
- Planning skills to determine manpower & equipment to meet requirements and minimize labour costs
C3 offer competitive rates of pay along with a positive and supportive work environment with opportunities for career progression. As part of C3’s commitment to health and safety successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment medical as well as a drug & alcohol screen.
Applications close 30 March 2017.
Closing Date: Thursday, March 30, 2017