Employing over 1400 staff in 15 ports both here and in Australia, C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product and cargo handling, adding value to our client’s businesses by providing solutions to their transport and logistics needs.
We are looking for reliable plant operators preferably with log handling experience to join our casual pool of operators. The people we seek will be able to operate heavy machinery to unload logs off trucks and stack logs at ship’s side. C3 operate high stacking equipment and medium to large pivot steer loaders with log grapples.
Essential requirements for the position are:
- Accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- A positive team focused attitude
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Commitment to Health and Safety of you and your team
- Preference for a Class 4 license with W endorsement however Class 2 will be considered if the applicant can achieve their Class 4 within 12 months
- Previous high stacker or reach stacker experience in a forestry or port environment is preferred.
This position requires flexibility regarding working hours as there are a range of shifts across a 24/7 work environment influenced by shipping schedules.
You may be required to demonstrate your abilities in the form of a practical pre-employment assessment as part of the selection process. C3 offer competitive rates of pay and career progression opportunities.
As part of C3’s commitment to health & safety, the successful applicant would be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen.Applications close 23 March 2018.
Job no: Cas1829
Closing Date: Friday, 23 March 2018