Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Employing over 1200 staff in 13 locations across New Zealand, C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product and cargo handling, adding value to our client’s businesses by providing solutions to their transport and logistics needs.
The primary function of this role is to lead the stevedoring team to ensure the business consistently delivers quality service for our customers' vessels through the Multi-Cargo Terminal within the Port of Auckland.
The role involves overseeing and coordinating our Stevedoring operations, ensuring that labour and machinery is allocated to maximize efficiency and profitability. This role oversees the allocation of Foreman and assists with ship planning and the associated operations.
Liaison with customers, agents and stakeholders is also a primary responsibility – coordinating all aspects of the operation from vessel arrival to vessel departure. A commitment to the on-going improvement of health and safety is a critical part of this role that intertwines to all daily responsibilities.
Detail orientated planning and communication skills are paramount to this position, with a focus on reviewing operational performance to enable the company to deliver results. You will have plenty of opportunity to take ownership to drive improvement forward.
Duties are varied and will include:
- Leading and managing the performance and behavior of operational staff, including Foremen,
- Leading safety by ensuring all hazards, near misses and incidents are reported in a timely manner,
- Carrying out safety engagements and attending daily Toolbox meetings
- Overseeing labour allocation,
- Overseeing training across the general cargo operation,
- Ensuring appropriate machinery and equipment is available and operating safely,
- Liaising with shipping companies and customer representatives'
- Finding improvements and building a culture of dialogue between stakeholders.
The skills & personal attributes we look for:
- Operational experience in a complex labour environment – ideally with some exposure to port related operations,
- Previous experience in supervising, coaching and motivating teams of people,
- A champion for health and safety,
- Great problem solving,
- Well-developed communication skills,
- Excellent customer service skills.
What’s on offer?
This is a salaried position where C3 provides a stable work environment as an essential service provider to the Ports of Auckland. The position also offers plenty of scope, challenge, and variety.
The team is down to earth and friendly, and there are opportunities for you to be fully involved and liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders – both internal and external.
Plenty of training and development opportunities and a convenient downtown location – close to bus, rail and ferry all make this an opportunity not to be missed!
C3 supports the Government vaccination programme to help protect us all against Covid-19. Along with our pre-employment background checks, drug, alcohol and fitness for work checks, applicants will be expected to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as part of our recruitment process.
Applications close 29 November 2021.