Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Employing over 1200 staff in 13 locations across New Zealand, C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product and cargo handling, adding value to our client’s businesses by providing solutions to their transport and logistics needs.
The primary function of this role is to lead the stevedoring team to ensure the business consistently delivers quality service for our customers' vessels through the Multi-Cargo Terminal within the Port of Tauranga.
The role oversees and coordinates our Stevedoring operations, ensuring that labour and machinery is allocated to maximize efficiency and profitability. This role also oversees the allocation of Foreman and assists with ship planning and the associated operations.
Liaison with customers, agents and stakeholders is also a primary responsibility – coordinating all aspects of the operation from vessel arrival to vessel departure. A commitment to the on-going improvement of health and safety is a critical part of this role that intertwines with all daily responsibilities.
Detail orientated planning and communication skills are paramount to this position, with a focus on reviewing operational performance to enable the company to deliver results. You will have plenty of opportunity to take ownership to drive improvement forward.
Duties are varied and will include:
- Leading and managing the performance and behavior of operational staff, including Foremen,
- Leading safety by ensuring all hazards, near misses and incidents are reported in a timely manner,
- Carrying out safety engagements and attending daily Toolbox meetings
- Overseeing labour allocation,
- Overseeing training across the Mount Stevedoring operation,
- Ensuring appropriate machinery and equipment is available and operating safely,
- Liaising with shipping companies and customer representatives'
- Finding improvements and building a culture of dialogue between stakeholders.
The skills & personal attributes we look for:
- Operational experience in a complex labour environment – ideally with some exposure to port related operations,
- Previous experience in supervising, coaching and motivating teams of people,
- A champion for health and safety,
- Great problem solving,
- Well-developed communication skills,
- Top notch customer service skills.
What’s on offer?
C3 provides a stable work environment as an essential service provider to the Port of Tauranga. The position also offers plenty of scope, challenge, and variety.
The team is down to earth and friendly, and there are opportunities for you to be fully involved and liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders – both internal and external. Training and development opportunities make this an opportunity not to be missed!
As part of C3’s commitment to health and safety, the successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screen.
Applications close 9 March 2021.