Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
On Vessel Digger Operators
Based in Tauranga we require skilled on vessel digger operators to join our team. This role primarily involves operating diggers on board log vessels to optimize the placement of logs in the hold. Previous on vessel experience is preferred however a candidate from forestry background with log grappling and log fleeting experience would be considered they demonstrated the right skill set.
On offer are;
- An hourly rate package over $40.00 an hour is available for fully competent digger operators with potential to multi-skill and earn higher rates on other machinery and equipment.
- Different roster options available including flexible hours equivalent to a guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week on wages or a fixed roster pattern on a salary model that enables you to know when you are working well in advance, making it easier to plan and enjoy a work life balance.
Essential requirements for the position are:
- Experience in operating diggers on board a vessel or in forestry environment
- Available to work in a 24/7 environment
- A minimum full Class 1 licence with T endorsement
- Experience in log handling
- Good attention to detail
- A strong focus on Health and Safety
- A dedicated team player
- Reliability and motivation
If you are a skilled Digger Operator who enjoys responsibility and are keen to progress your career, then we would like to hear from you. You may be required to demonstrate your abilities in the form of a practical pre-employment assessment as part of the selection process.
As part of C3’s commitment to health and safety, the successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screen.
Employing over 1200 staff in 13 locations across New Zealand, C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product and cargo handling, adding value to our client’s businesses by providing solutions to their transport and logistics needs.
What are you waiting for? Come and join the team with the best working conditions who really value their staff!
Applications close 19 February 2023.