Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
On Vessel Digger Operator
Employing over 1200 staff in 13 locations across New Zealand, C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product and cargo handling, adding value to our client’s businesses by providing solutions to their transport and logistics needs.
Based in Wellington we require skilled digger operators who also have the flexibility to work out of port when required.
This role primarily involves operating diggers in the hold on board log vessels to optimize the placement of logs in the hold. A forestry background with log grappling and log fleeting experience would be perfect for this role and full training will be provided to get you used to operating a digger on board a vessel.
You must be flexible and prepared to work a range of 12 hour shifts as this is a 24/7 environment and subject to shipping schedules. Permanent positions are available with a guaranteed minimum number of hours.
Essential requirements for this position are:
- Experience operating diggers in a forestry environment
- A minimum full Class 1 licence with T endorsement
- Experience in log handling using a log grapple
- NZQA 6929 Operate a knuckle boom loader in a forestry environment
- NZQA 6931 Fleet/Sort/Stack logs
- NZQA 6932 Load a logging truck and or trailer
- NZQA Operate an excavator type track machine in a forestry environment
- A national certificate in forestry log loading
- Good attention to detail
- A strong focus on Health and Safety
- A dedicated team player
If you are a skilled Digger Operator who enjoys responsibility and is keen to progress your career then we would like to hear from you. C3 offer competitive hourly rates for experienced operators and the opportunity to work in other ports with a guaranteed minimum number of hours each week.
You may be required to demonstrate your abilities in the form of a practical pre-employment assessment as part of the selection process.
Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screen.
Applications close 02 April 2023.