Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Lead Application Developer
From our offices, located on the foreshore of Tauranga Harbour, in one of New Zealand’s fastest growing regions, with over 1200 staff around New Zealand, C3 is a business on the go. C3 has an established and proud history in our industry and our longevity is based on building for the future and keeping ahead of the pack.
Our IT team spans across an extensive environment, ranging from traditional IT solutions, through to technology that supports cutting edge logistics systems that track our customers products across the world. C3 are embarking on development of a new Technology strategy as our industry moves to digitise the supply chain. Here at C3, we feel good strategy is powered by great people. The search is on for technology thought leaders to join us on this new journey. We are looking for people who can solve business problems through innovative technology solutions and teamwork.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Application Developer to deliver C3’s technology through programme and system development using agile development and provide technical leadership and mentoring to the Developers as needed. As part of a small team reporting to the Manager Solution Design, delivery is focused primarily on tools that will either refresh current or create new toolsets with a goal of creating competitive advantage for C3.
The successful candidate will be required to cover five key aspects of this role: Project Leading, Software Design & Development, Standards Development, Effective Communication and Mentoring.
To be successful in this role we are looking for the following experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
* The ability to work alongside business stakeholders, leading project work and developing rationale around change management
* Proven capability to mentor others and lead the team
* Design Thinking approach to solution design with an enterprise-wide mindset.
* Proven experience developing software and solutions that support enhanced customer experience, business growth and mobilisation of the work force.
* Well established communication and listening skills to work with the technology team preparing project scopes, as well as internal and external customers to gain insight into their requirements.
* Proven experience with multi language skills to meet delivery targets and goals
* Clear understanding of SDLC and use of current tools to manage development environments in collaboration with other developers
* History with organisations where information-based decision making is at the foundation of solution design
* A self-starter with strong skills in relationship development and stakeholder engagement
* Experience in digital supply chains an advantage but not essential
* A passion for developing clean code.
Along with the opportunity to work within a complex and rapidly changing industry, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and development opportunities in an organisation looking at innovative ways of doing things.
Are you the one? We would be keen to hear from you if you think you have what we are looking for and desire to work for an industry leader, with a strong plan for the future, who rewards and develops their staff. The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol test.
Applications close 15 March 2021.