Heavy Machinery Mechanic
Employing over 1400 staff in 15 ports both here and in Australia, C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product and cargo handling, adding value to our clients businesses by providing solutions to their transport and logistics needs.
Our Nelson workshop is one of nine around the country that maintains and repairs the unique heavy machinery used by C3 in the port environment.
Our main mechanic is looking to hang up his spanner in the next few years, but before he does that he wants to pass on his many years of experience to a new generation. So, we are looking for a motivated and qualified Diesel Mechanic in heavy plant and equipment, with strong attention to detail, to become part of our small but experienced team. You will bring a high level of technical skill and enjoy varied repair and mechanical work on a variety of machinery such as; Wagner, Volvo, Komatsu, CAT, Liebherr, Hyster.
Essential requirements for the position are:
- Proven experience fixing heavy machinery
- Being a self-starter with initiative
- A passion for new technology
- Flexibility and reliability
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience working on forklifts, pivot steers and heavy log handling equipment would be advantageous.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work unsupervised is essential.
- Available to be on call during vessel loadings
If you enjoy responsibility and working as part of a team, then we would like to hear from you. C3 Limited offer competitive remuneration and career development opportunities. As part of C3’s commitment to health & safety the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen.
Applications close Friday 26 January.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 1804
Closing Date: Friday, 26 January 2018