Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Entry Level Wharfhands
Looking to start a new career, but don’t want to be stuck in an office as you prefer to be outside doing something more physical? Want opportunities to learn and progress into roles where you could operate machinery or supervise others? Keep on reading if you are keen to start a career as a Stevedore working on the wharf assisting with loading and unloading ships.
Come and be part of the bustling and vibrant industry that is port logistics, a key player in helping NZ’s economy grow and keeping the supply chain moving.
On offer are;
- An hourly rate package from $30.00 is available for entry level Wharfhands with potential to earn higher rates when fully competent.
- Different roster options available including flexible hours equivalent to a guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week on wages or a fixed roster pattern on a salary model that enables you to know when you are working well in advance, making it easier to plan and enjoy a work life balance.
No experience is required as full training is provided to work on the port, however you do need to be physically fit and motivated with the flexibility to work shifts in our 24/7 environment.
Essential requirements for the position are:
- Be able to work shifts up to 12 hours starting at 0300am or 3.00pm
- Can follow instructions and adhere to procedures
- Have a positive attitude
- A strong focus on Health and Safety
- A dedicated team player
As part of C3’s commitment to health and safety, the successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screen.
Employing over 1200 staff in 13 locations across New Zealand, C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product and cargo handling, adding value to our client’s businesses by providing solutions to their transport and logistics needs.
What are you waiting for? Come and join the team with better working conditions who really value their staff!
Applications close 19 February 2023.