Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Car Drivers/Wharf hands
CAR DRIVING OPERATIONS
C3 Limited is a national provider of Stevedoring services across New Zealand. Due to ongoing business requirements in Auckland, we are seeking applications from candidates looking for an opportunity to do ‘something different’ with their time in a specialised Port environment.
To build our local Stevedoring team we are looking for motivated and conscientious individuals to fill a number of casual positions working on the wharves. The main responsibilities are driving vehicles on & off Car Carrier Vessels, ensuring vehicles are safely and securely tied down as well as correctly labelling, tallying and scanning vehicles against manifests. We also have manual labour wharf hand roles as lashers available on our team.
Loading or unloading vessels occurs at any time of the day or night, so flexibility to work variable hours over a 24/7 week is a key requirement. If you are a confident and experienced driver who is comfortable driving a variety of cars in confined environments and are keen to learn about the Stevedoring industry, then we would like to hear from you.
To be considered for these casual opportunities with C3, you will need to:
- Have flexibility to work hours over a 24/7 week
- Be a strong team player & take instruction easily
- Act in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Pass a Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Test
- Have a positive and flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
- Be committed to a safe work environment
- Have a full Class 1 Driver Licence to competently drive both manual and automatic cars on & off vessels
- Minimum 1 years driving experience in New Zealand ( ideally)
- Be legally entitled to work in NZ with a valid Work Visa, Residency or Citizen Status
Successful applicants will be provided with training and potentially opportunities for career advancement. If you would like to join us please visit our careers page. We are intending to hold a couple of information sessions each month where you can find out more information about the role and the team.