Employing over 1400 staff in 15 ports across New Zealand and Australia, C3 Limited is a market leader in the supply and logistics sector, providing port logistics and cargo handling to a broad range of customers. C3 is a New Zealand Company, headquartered in Tauranga and part of the LINX Cargo Care Group, wholly owned by Brookfield Infrastructure.
Our Gisborne branch is one of our busier branches and we are searching for an experienced people manager who can build on the existing operation and embrace this position of responsibility with enthusiasm, energy and vision.
Reporting to a Central Regional Manager, primary responsibilities will focus on the efficient management of all aspects of our Log Marshalling and Log Stevedoring operations at Eastland Port as well as our Optilog facility at Matawhero. This position offers opportunities to deliver further improvements in customer service, labour allocation efficiency and productivity.
To succeed in this position the preferred candidate will possess proactive leadership abilities and be self-motivated as well as motivating and developing others with a continuous improvement focus.
To be considered for this position you will require:
- Demonstrated commitment to health & safety and understanding of the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Sound financial skills around budgeting, managing operational costs, Profit & Loss
- Confident relationship management skills with customers, shipping companies and contractors
- Experience in optimising efficiency of labour and plant
- Proven staff management experience in complex labour environments
- Relevant qualifications or experience in management/logistics/forestry/port operations
- Commercial acumen to identify business opportunities
As part of C3’s commitment to health & safety the successful applicant will undergo a pre-employment medical and drug screen. C3 offers career progression opportunities and a competitive package including a vehicle.Applications close 20 March 2018.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 1843
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 March 2018